Friday, May 24, 2013

Update: No Paint Progress and a Possible Commission.

Well I have the motorcycle base coated purple. But last Saturday I was at work and the tire changing machine nearly took out my hand. Luckily nothing broke, but I couldn't hold a paint brush, game controller or do much of anything hobby related.

But, now it's feeling a lot better and I should be able to get back to painting on this long weekend. Which is a good thing, since my sister's friend wants me to do some custom work for a diorama she is setting up. But she's gonna be waiting til her moss grows anyway and I wouldn't start it until I got Sophie done either.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Painting Sophie's Bike - Primer Coat and FAIL.

Painted Black and Ready for painting! Or was it? . . .
I was all set to get some paint time in on Sophie's bike. So Saturday before I had to leave for a wedding I put a coat of black paint on it to get it ready. Afterwards I didn't have time to work on it, so it sat until Sunday afternoon.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Setting up the Helping Hands and Gluing Sophie's Bike.

Both of the Helping Hands came from Amazon today. I actually opened up the mail box and saw this box in there and couldn't remember for the life of me what it was. So I got inside and opened it up to see them laying in there. Which meant I needed to crack them and play with them. The ball joints seem pretty tight and I can adjust them w/ the wing nuts on the joint themselves. The only thing I was worried about with them was if the alligator clips would mar the surface of pewter minis and/or if they would chomp right on through plastic ones. Super deal and at $6 a piece I couldn't pass it up. 

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Painting Area Ready to Roll!

I was able to clear a spot in the side room and get all my painting stuff organized, finally.

I took one of the sets of plastic drawers I had been using as a dresser for the last 4 years and filled it up with all my bits, tools and misc mini related goodness. Then I set up the table with the work lamp, and went through all my paints by color.

I guess I didn't realize how many paints I actually had. But some of this stuff is really old, so I need to sort that out. I could easily half that total if the old GW paints are dried out, like I think they are.

I also ordered 2 Helping Hands. These things will make gluing stuff like Sophie's bike, or the Relic Knights relics much much easier. They both have 2 alligator clips on them and a 2x magnifying glass. But I'm going to likely take the magnifiers off. I'll also need to wrap the alligator clips with foam and tape so that they won't mar the minis when I use them.

All in all, the paint area is coming along nicely. But I still need a better chair, as I am stealing one of my dining room chairs for the moment. Work should be starting up again soon, and I'll be able to get Sophie glued together on Tuesday when the Helping Hands show up.

I'm really looking forward to getting things rolling again!