Mini-update on the Museum piece.
While working on the Ravenloft painting, I kept looking at the base for the Great Cyclopean Gemstone Heist and thinking that it was too large. I blocked it off to look smaller and knew that I needed to cut it down.
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Friday, May 29, 2015
WIP: Yrsa, Witch of the Wilds - Adding More Details to the Base
Base work continues! Old Scott would have stopped at the red bushes and called it "done". But I knew I needed the forest floor to have more of a wilderness feel to it and it just didn't have that feeling yet. A trip to Hobby Lobby fixed that, and I picked up a couple different sets of train scenery flowers. Also, I began blocking in the colors for Yrsa's equipment and painting it.
Saturday, May 23, 2015
WIP: Yrsa, Witch of the WIlds - Continuing Base Work
Lots of progress has happened since my last post. I've been focusing on the base and leaving the minis for later. But I now have the ground, rocks and trees (including the leaves) all painted.Static Grass has been added to the ground as well as a bit more moss for ground cover. Also, I started painting the skin tones on Yrsa herself.
Friday, May 15, 2015
WIP: Yrsa, Witch of the Wilds
Yes, this project wasn't on my to-do list. Yes, I still have to finish the Museum as well. Yes, this project is stopping my progress on the Ravenloft painting. But, lady inspiration is fickle and when she decides to come out for dinner you make sure the romance the hell out of her.
Skitarii Battle Maniple Fully Assembled!
If you've been following, you know that I picked up 2 boxes of Skitarii, 3 Boxes of Sicarians, 2 Ironstriders and an Onager Dunecrawler. I wasn't sure how I was going to assemble them all, but finally decided to go with the standard Skitarii Maniple formation. Here's how it all breaks down.
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Warhammer 40k: Onager Dunecrawler Gunner Conversion
This idea came to me after I realized that the Icarus Array doesn't allow for a gunner to be added to the Onager Dunecrawler's load out. And since the kit doesn't come with enough parts to create all 3 options for the main weapon, I didn't really have a use for the gunner wielding a heavy stubber. So, it was time for my AdMech army's first conversion!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)