Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wizardry in Progress 8/29/18

It's been a pretty solid work week this week, and it feels good to get back into the swing of things. This week, I made an Inferno Cannon for the Siege Dreadnought I'll be using in an all Dreadnought list, I put some more paint on the Blood Angels Librarian and I made some terrain out of tin cans.

Let's take a look!


Inferno Cannon
On Saturday I proxied an all dreadnought list at the game shop, with the plans to take it to Adepticon for the 40k Friendly and pick up games.

After playing with the Siege Dreadnought equipped with a Multi-Melta, I decided I wanted him equipped with the Inferno Cannon instead and to use him as a bodyguard for the Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought.

I used a spare dreadnought arm, a cannon barrel from the Sydonian Dragoon kit and a spare flamer from the Kastelan Robots kit.

It turned out pretty well. The flamer head is twisted slightly, but after messing with it for a bit I can live with it. This isn't for a modeling or display piece competition and from table view its hardly even noticeable.

Blood Angels Librarian
On Monday I got a little bit more work done on the Librarian.

It wasn't much though, because allergies were killing me and I was having a hard time focusing on things. I did manage to finish off all his purity seals, the book pages and the scroll on his leg.

The only other thing to get worked on was his loincloth. I had to set him aside after working on him for about an hour though, as like I mentioned earlier I couldn't focus that well.

He should be done durning my next stint at the table though. There's not much left other than parts of his axe and the metallics and a few minor details.

Tin Can Terrain
I eat a lot of soup and this last week I looked at some tin cans I had in the recycling box and was inspired to make some quick terrain.

I took two different size cans and cleaned them up as best I could. I then whacked them with a hammer a little to give them some character.

After hot gluing them to some foam core board, and sealing the foam with Elmer's glue. I spray painted them black and then white. This was followed by a Nuln Oil wash and some white drybrushing.

For the rust, I sponged them randomly with Rhinox Hide, Mournfang Brown and XV-88, as well as Honed Steel from Reaper's MSP paint line.

The bases were done as I do the bases on all my Admech, using Martian Ironcrust and Ironearth and some washes of Reikland Fleshshade and Agrax Earthshade.

Once that was all finished, I dusted them with some Secret Weapon weathering pigments and they were good to go!

That was a solid bit of progress this week. Next week I'm hoping to finish off the Librarian and a squad of Death Company jump pack marines that I've had on the table for far too long.

Until next time, you can catch me on Twitter and Instagram. Check out YouTube for the latest in the Let's Paint series. Plus if you like what I do and want to support the site and my painting endeavors, you can do so over on Patreon.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Great work! I love the terrain cans, really simple to do, but look great. Good for some line of sight blocking terrain in your games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ya I agree. We have way too many lower level open windows in buildings. As much as I like shooting with impunity with my robos, it doesn't make for the most tactical of games. I love a table cluttered with terrain, with alleyways and variations of elevation.

      Delete