This week, I managed to get the Death Company Dreadnought finished and I painted up a Dwarf for D&D.
|This fella was painted up for my buddy's son. He plays D&D 3.5 with us every other Sunday and is playing a Dwarf Barbarian.|
He originally was fighting with a battle axe, but during the campaign, he switched to a magical warhammer, so I converted this mini to be fighting with a warhammer instead.
I wish I had a more fancy hammer for him, as the hammer he has is actually a minor artifact, but this one had to do.
I based him on a 32mm base, because we are using a grid that has large squares, and its the same size base I used for Jasper.
Like Jasper, I based him on grass, with pink and yellow flowers.
He was a pretty quick paint job, and I'm pretty happy with it. I think I could have done better, if I wasn't stuck in a Dayquil/Nyquil fog though.
Death Company Dreadnought
|The Death Company Dread was finished last night. This guy was a slog to paint, between getting sick just after starting it, to not really feeling inspired and constantly losing focus.|
In the end, he turned out really nice and I'm happy with the way he looks. But damn, it felt like a long road.
I painted the armor plating similar to how I painted the black Kastelan Robot and I've gotten much better at painting black armor, which will be a bonus when I start on the Deathwatch army I've been planning on.
The base was done with Astrogranite Debris, which was then washed with Nuln Oil and Druchii Violet.
After the washes were dry, I drybrushed the base with Slaanesh Grey, a mix of Neutral Grey and Slaanesh Grey and then some white.
I really like the purplish ground, and so does the client. I can't wait to see how it looks with red armored marines on it.
That's it for now. Until next time, you can catch me on Twitter and Instagram.
Thanks for reading!