I knew I wanted him to have a darker skin tone, since the goblin that goes with him would be a lighter skin tone. So, I decided to base coat him with Rhinox Hide brown and work up the green from there, like I did with my Black Orc Blockers in Blood Bowl. To give him a bit more interest in the skin tone, I added in some pink to the elbows, lip and ears as well.
The goblin, I painted with a base coat of Warboss Green and then did something similar with the pinks on him as well.
The shield on his back was an interesting challenge, but thanks to a suggestion from my friend Sophie (@hobbyistgirl on Twitter) I ended up doing a checker pattern on one set of "teeth" and solid red on the other. This was then weathered and rusted to give it a more orcy appearance.
Overall, I'm really pleased with how he came out and I'm glad this mini was finally freed from his vacuum sealed prison.
Until next time!