A buddy of mine has asked me to paint up his Blood Angels, and I've been slowly making progress on it. This Chaplain helped serve as the test model for the Death Company models of his army.
While most of the model is black and red, I decided to try a few new things out on him and am really pleased with the results.
|Black used to be the bane of my existence, but it seems that since I've painted the black Kastelan Robot I really got the hang of it. I believe that the large surfaces of the robot helped me learn how to make it work, so when I started on the Chaplain all I had to do was shrink it down to the smaller surface area.|
One part that I'm not a huge fan of, but liked the end result, was the muscular sections of the armor. They are kinda weird and were sometimes a pain in the ass to paint. While working on them I wasn't sure how they would end up looking. But after the mini was finished, they do set off the armor nicely.
This guy is mostly all red and black and by the time I got to the wings on the backpack I needed a way to differentiate the reds on him.
That's when I decided to add orange and yellow as the highlight colors for the "feathers". It gave them a neat effect and they look kind of fiery.
The section I had the most troubles with was the OSL from the jets on the jump pack. I'm not happy with the end result, but also felt that if I messed with it more it would end up looking worse. It looks OK, I guess. But I wish I could have done a better job.
This fella was also painted for Let's Paint on YouTube. Once the Deadpool series is finished, he's the next in line. I look forward to sharing it with you.
Until next time, you can catch me on Twitter and Instagram. Check out YouTube for the latest in the Let's Paint series. Plus if you like what I do and want to support the site and my painting endeavors, you can do so over on Ko-fi.
Thanks for reading!