I primed the base and began painting it up tonight. I haven't started on the actual miniature yet, but really I seemed more interested in working on the base more anyway. I went down to the basement and primed it with GW Chaos Black and neglected to pre-paint the pink foam before hand... as I sprayed I noticed the foam slightly bubbling due to the reaction and kicked myself a little for it. But I decided to let it dry and see what happened. Turns out the meltyness wasn't all that bad after all, so I painted the pink foam black and let it all sit for awhile.
|Base Primed in Black. Beware the Melty Man!|
I then mixed up some Reaper Muddy Brown, Black and water for a wash and washed down the dirt areas. Once dry this was followed with a few lighter browns to add depth to the dirt. The water areas were washed with a mix of Reaper Pine Green, Earth Brown and water to give it that algae laden swamp feel. This was washed over the still wet dirt wash to let them mix together a little. Once it was dry, I washed the swamp water mix over the water area again to give it a little more green. I may do a light drybrush of a lighter green mix to it. I'm not sure.
|Mostly Painted Swamp Base.|