Saturday, October 20, 2012

Silas WIP - Painting the Reeds and Adding Grass

Work continues on the swamp base and tonight I added the static grass and painted the reeds. I started by watering down the dark green I used for the moss and washed it over the reeds. Then I washed them again with GW Gryphonne Sepia and Thraka Green. This was followed another wash of Reaper Pine Green and another wash of Sepia.



Once the reeds were done I spread some glue out and started planting grass. I mixed up some GW Glade Grass and Scorched Grass to get a custom mix. I'm always worried about adding too much grass, but I think I got it right on this one. The mix of moss on the ground and the grass gives it a pretty good swampy feel.

First coat on the reeds

Sepia added to the Reeds

Thraka Green added to the Reeds

Reeds painted!

Static Grass added to the base.

Silas in place. Starting to look pretty good!
I think we've gotten pretty close to the end of the base crafting. I'll be gone for the weekend though, so I may not be able to work on it until Monday. Then I'll be heading to the Folk's place to dog sit... which means I'll need to pack up all my painting gear for 2 weeks at their place... Which means I'll prolly be taking my SDE figs with me to get those finally finished.








No comments:

Post a Comment