Sunday, December 16, 2012

SDE WIP: Dragon Priests Done!

I finished the Dragon Priests last night. I'm very happy with how they turned out. I decided that their staves should be made out of silver and a bit tarnished, not made of bronze and corroded like the Ironscale's shields. So in order to get it to look proper I just painted it Chainmail and Mithril Silver and then I wash it over with Badab Black. After this was done, I left it be and didn't pick out any bright highlights. The gems in the staves I painted 2 different colors, one green and one purple to match the Dragon's Clutch spawners. If there had been more than 2 Dragon Priests, I would have painted them to match the gemstone cave game boards instead.
Finished Dragon Priests!
Now I'm moving on to the next set. I'm not sure if I want to work on the Flingers or the Rex models next. I'm currently leaning toward the Flingers, but I could change my mind yet. What I really want to do is paint the Heroes from Roxor. But I'd rather have the main set painted first, in case I don't have time before the New Years party. Cause I know I'll take a long time working on each hero, even though I technically only need to paint 2 of the 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment