Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wizardry in Progress 4/11/18

It's time for Wizardry in Progress! This week, I made a couple new Skitarii Rangers, finished the Mary Fix-it bust and also finished the first batch of terrain for my FLGS.

Let's take a look!

Skitarii Rangers

Tonight I have a team game of 40k and for it I've changed built a custom list.

We are running 750 points a side and I am focusing more on ranged combat. I was going to proxy some Vanguard as Ranger snipers and whatever else I needed to cover. But I had some free time before bed the last couple nights and decided to kitbash a couple new snipers. This way, at least they were on the table.

For these guys I wanted it to look like they were on the move and trying to run for cover. I used some spare arms and cut the rifles off of them. I then carved out the hand to allow the sniper rifle handle to be glued into the palm, I also glued the rifle to the coats giving the rifle more support since the handle is rather thin and I've broken one off before.

Since the sniper rifles originally were are being held up to fire, I had to get creative and splice the butt of some spare galvanic rifles to the sniper rifles. I also had to cut off the bracing hand and clean it up as best as I could.

To help sell the look of him running for a new position, I took the prop rod and made the left arm look as if he was carrying it and using it to help balance the rifle.

I think they ended up looking pretty nice. I'm interested to get paint on them, but that'll take a bit. I also need to get a replacement bottom half of one prop rod, since I dropped it down in my couch and it is now long gone.



Industrial Stacks Finished

The first batch of terrain for my local shop is finished!

These were actually pretty fun to make and 90% of the paint job is all rattle can spray.

After the silver and orange were sprayed on, I washed them with Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade.

This was followed by picking out some details and heavy drybrushing and sponge weathering.

They look nice and grimy now and are ready to give us more interesting board layouts!

Next up on the terrain front is a manufactorium. I've gotten that one nearly ready. It just needs some details done on it. But I couldn't get decent pictures, so you'll have to imagine the awesomeness.

Mary Fix-it and G.R.I.T.T. Finished

Mary and G.R.I.T.T. are all finished and ready for a plinth! I've recorded the entire process and will be splitting it up into sections for new Let's Paint YouTube videos.

Stay tuned there.

Mary was pretty fun to paint, but she broke while prepping her for paint. Also, while getting base coats down I was having paint adherance problems.

It all worked out in the end and I love how this piece turned out!

I was worried that she would be too much of one color though. Since she has a leather apron and her fur is a reddish brown.

Luckily, since the color mixes and textures are different it worked out.

I am really happy with her face, especially the goggles and her eyes. I still need to gloss her eyes and nose though.

One thing I really love about this piece is all of the color reflections on the metal. With this piece, I can tell that my TMM game has really improved. Even as early as this time last year, I think that my TMM wouldn't have been as nicely done.

It's always a great feeling when you realize how much you've improved.

That's it for this week. Next week I'll be starting on a Blood Angel army for a friend of mine, so he can finally join in 40k with us. So expect a lot of 40k minis on Twitter and Instagram, for a bit.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment